Lest We Forget
This current hellish pandemic seems destined to be tamed in the coming months and years, and I’m expecting that as we emerge from the abyss an effort to establish a new American holiday will be afoot, a holiday that will require another day off from work.
Let’s assume that there is at least a tacit effort to get public input on the name for the holiday, via a poll of all Americans who may choose between “COVID-19 Day” or write in a holiday name of their choice. My write ins include these:
· Foggy Glasses Day
· National Mask Mandate Day
· American Sour Dough Starter Anniversary
· The 19th of March
· Birthday of American Kombucha
· March Madness
· Hell Year Day
· National Amazon Prime Membership Renewal Day
· Lysol Injection Anniversary
· The Day the Music Died
I don’t really care what it’s called, as long as I get a day off.